05 June 2011

Marlboros, Winstons, and Camels... Oh My!

I'm trying to decide which brand to start smoking.

The Beatles recommend Marlboro...


...but this ad didn't even feature the most talented Beatle: Ringo!

Frank Gifford recommends Lucky Strike...


...but he married Kathy Lee, so his judgment can't be trusted.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz recommend Philip Morris...


...but I never much cared for Lucy kissing that dark-skinned fella on the TV.

Fred Flintstone and especially Barney Rubble recommend Winston...


...but I'm skeptical of how Barney oversells it.

Doctors apparently recommend Camel...


...but you just can't trust a doctor.

Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore recommend Kent...


...I can't imagine they'd steer me wrong -- so Kent it is!
But I'm gonna wait until Kent re-institutes the carcinogenic blue asbestos Micronite filters that Dick raves about!  Call me a health nut, but I'd feel much safer if I was sucking tobacco smoke through asbestos.